When renewing your mortgage, you should never accept the first offer your lender makes.
Before renewing you should always compare the rate and terms your lender offers to what else is available.
How Kirkwood & Brennan helps
- Get access to the best products and rates
- Need extra money for a renovation or investment? We will help you with the entire process
- We will provide you with multiple renewal options
- We provide an easy, fast, and efficient process at no cost to you
- If your current lender is the best option, we will still help you get a better rate
When is the best time to look at options and what to expect?
The best time to look at your renewal options is six months before your renewal date. This allows time to evaluate the alternatives and to properly negotiate with your current lender.
Your lender will send you a renewal notice six to nine months before your renewal date. These rates are typically higher than current market rates and it is best to speak with a mortgage broker to ensure you get the best options available. If that means your current lender we will gladly help you get the best deal there!
What else should you consider?
When renewing there are a few main considerations to make:
- Are you choosing the best term based on your needs? Choosing the right term can save you thousands in penalties and fees if you change jobs or decide to move.
- Do you require addition funds? Whether it’s for your children’s tuition, to pay down debts, renovate your home or to purchase an investment property your mortgage renewal is the best time to access new funds.
- Do you need a new home? By timing your renewal with moving can allow you to completely avoid mortgage penalties!
- If you have any questions or need help with a mortgage renewal, we are here to help.